PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying rounded cables.

Brandon_k_W
01-27-03, 08:05 PM
i am going to buy from newegg.com. do they have rounded cables for the harddrive, cdrom, and floppy? because all i can see are cables for floppys.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?submit=list&catalog=317&DEPA=1&order=price&sort=asc

Mehmet
01-27-03, 08:07 PM
i would keep your flats.

much better airflow, lemme see if i can pull out that pic..

Brandon_k_W
01-27-03, 08:08 PM
really? okay, thanks for telling me. just need to adjust my wiring to arrange it a little better then. ;)

Mehmet
01-27-03, 08:18 PM
yeah, my rounded ones were REALLY bogging up the system, if you put them in parrallel with the system board running up/down, they will look better, and improve airflow.

Brandon_k_W
01-27-03, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info Mehmet. sounds like a good idea to do that

SLK
01-27-03, 11:23 PM
Rounded arent bad at all. My airflow improves with them. they are very easy to flex to the side of the case or stuff the loose cable in a drive bay. I honestly see a difference in the chassis temps. and looks cooler if u got a window on the side:D

Brandon_k_W
01-27-03, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by SLK
Rounded arent bad at all. My airflow improves with them. they are very easy to flex to the side of the case or stuff the loose cable in a drive bay. I honestly see a difference in the chassis temps. and looks cooler if u got a window on the side:D

yeah they would look cool with a window on the case. i may need to cut one out one day, then buy them, along with one of those fluorescent lights too. i love those!

cyberskye
01-28-03, 08:30 AM
Rounded vs. flat - I think it depends as much on your case size/config as anything else. I have a 10 bay server case and the rounded do hug the corners nicely.