PDA

View Full Version : Help installing SLK - 800

Kyle
01-27-03, 03:11 PM
Just recieved my SLK - 800 heatsink, and TT Smart Fan 2. I am wondering how to attach the 80mm fan to the smaller heatsink. I think it is supposed to be off center a little, but how do i attach it to the heatsink? Skrews? As always help is appreciated!

Thanx,
Kyler1

Mehmet
01-27-03, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Kyler1
Just recieved my SLK - 800 heatsink, and TT Smart Fan 2. I am wondering how to attach the 80mm fan to the smaller heatsink. I think it is supposed to be off center a little, but how do i attach it to the heatsink? Skrews? As always help is appreciated!

Thanx,
Kyler1

From what i know, theres supposed to be these wire sorta thing.. look like guides, rails.. whatever you wanna call em..

and the HSF has mounting holes for the type of fan you have.. ie, 80mm has a differnet hole, 60 has a different and so on.

you put those guides/rails in the 80mm holes, and attach it from there.

also, go to thermalrights site and read the instructions there if your not sure.

Kyle
01-27-03, 04:55 PM
DOH, now that you mention it, they do have those little metal things, I got it before i came to work so i didn't bother working with it any. Somehow I was subcontiously thinking they were used to attach to the motherboard. Hmmm now let me think, why would that metal attacher thing be in the heatsink! I suddenly feel very stupid . . . . . Thanx for setting me straight there! :)

Kyler1

HawaiianGhost
01-27-03, 06:04 PM
READ THIS REVIEW SHOWS A NICE PIC OF EXACTLY HOW IT'S SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE. THE DIFFERENT LOCATION OF THE HOLES ACCOMODATE THE VARIOUS SIZE FANS.

http://www.systemcooling.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=71

Good luck and enjoy!!

Kyle
01-27-03, 10:24 PM
Thanx for all your help! I installed it, and there running great, with the 2 smart fans, its about 3 times as loud as it used to be. But it's worth a few nights of sleep until i get used to it!

(On Idle)
Before:
CPU 54C
Board 48C

After:
CPU 30C
Board 35C

Thanx-a-bunch!
Kyler1

Mehmet
01-27-03, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Kyler1
Thanx for all your help! I installed it, and there running great, with the 2 smart fans, its about 3 times as loud as it used to be. But it's worth a few nights of sleep until i get used to it!

(On Idle)
Before:
CPU 54C
Board 48C

After:
CPU 30C
Board 35C

Thanx-a-bunch!
Kyler1

did you put the sensor on the bottom of the CPU?

DO IT!

its so worth it.. trust me, the fan goes down 1/3rd of the full fan speed..