PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX700 rox!

Brk
01-25-03, 08:10 PM
This thing is awesome. No lag at ALL, just as smooth as the corded IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 I've been using for over a year. It's a bit strange at first...it's much heavier than a regular mouse, but it fits my hand much better. Tracking is great, precision is terrific.

Immortal
01-25-03, 10:36 PM
I agree.. the newer cordless mice is just as good as a corded one... I don't know why people don't use it... even for gaming it doesn't lag!!!

Good buy! that'd be my next mous prolly..

Zmoney
01-26-03, 12:27 AM
yea i have had it for a few months now, its awesome, and i barley ever have to actually recharge it.

aagiants
01-26-03, 12:29 AM
tried a couple of them for my CS usage, but they all lag.. and they al bother me :) my 2 cents

loop2kil
01-26-03, 01:22 AM
I just got the Dual opitcal logitech and absolutley love it....wireless has never treated me right...i play instagib alot and my game depends on the feel and wireless has never felt quite right for me....this new one might be something to try though

lansens
01-26-03, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by aagiants
tried a couple of them for my CS usage, but they all lag.. and they al bother me :) my 2 cents

Have you tried the MX700? This mouse is better than any I have ever had. BAR NUN!

Brk
01-26-03, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by loop2kil
I just got the Dual opitcal logitech and absolutley love it....wireless has never treated me right...i play instagib alot and my game depends on the feel and wireless has never felt quite right for me....this new one might be something to try though

Once I get all ym new hardware up and running, I'll check out how the MX700 does in games, but from all the reviews I've read it handles them all just as well as corded mice do.

WhoNut
01-26-03, 10:39 AM
I just got mine yesterday. It is the finest hardware purchase I've made this year.

ScrewU2
01-26-03, 07:58 PM
I hate a wireless mouse but if it has no lag I might make an exception.

The Highlander
11-14-03, 01:42 AM
I play desert combat and none of my cordless logitechs lag at all.. NONE!

the mx700 is far superior to the others.. but they dont lag. period.

The Goog
11-14-03, 02:58 PM
So true, I've tried to make my MX700 lag on occasion and it just doesn't want to seem to do it. It seems in this case the eye is quicker than the hand.

Brent
11-14-03, 03:02 PM
I use to use the dual optical logitech, then i got an mx700

it is SOOOOO much better

in fact, i had to replace the dual optical on my review machine as well with an optical mouseman + just cause of the ergonomics, i didn't realize how bad the ergonomics are on the dual optical till i slipped the mx700 in my hand

i got the wireless keyboard/mouse combo

so far the keyboard has been running fine on the batteries, 2 weeks straight, haven't had to replace them

that was my main concern, how long the batts would last on the keyboard, but so far so good

TrevGlas
11-14-03, 05:18 PM
The wirless mouse is definitely heavier, and takes a bit to get used to. But I do notice a SLIGHT lag. If I switch between my old logitech optical, and immediately switch to the 700, I can notice a slight difference.

Brk
11-14-03, 06:21 PM
I started the thread...and I now am back to my trusty IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. The weight of the MX700 became too much for me.

YeOldeStonecat
11-14-03, 06:25 PM
Oh boy if that one isn't fodder for some ragging on. I'll let someone else jump in on this one.

zooner
11-14-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Brent
I use to use the dual optical logitech, then i got an mx700

it is SOOOOO much better

in fact, i had to replace the dual optical on my review machine as well with an optical mouseman + just cause of the ergonomics, i didn't realize how bad the ergonomics are on the dual optical till i slipped the mx700 in my hand

i got the wireless keyboard/mouse combo

so far the keyboard has been running fine on the batteries, 2 weeks straight, haven't had to replace them

that was my main concern, how long the batts would last on the keyboard, but so far so good

you should get about 6 months out of the laptop batteries.

I'm no longer using my freedom pro set, but over the course of a year I only had to change the batteries once.

lansens
11-14-03, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Burke
I started the thread...and I now am back to my trusty IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. The weight of the MX700 became too much for me.

The weight is exactly why I dig the MX700. So much so I bought the MX Duo for the second machine.

Brent
11-14-03, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by zooner
you should get about 6 months out of the laptop batteries.

I'm no longer using my freedom pro set, but over the course of a year I only had to change the batteries once.

huh?

the keyboard operates on two AA batteries

zooner
11-15-03, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Brent
huh?

the keyboard operates on two AA batteries

DUOH!!

the freedom pro uses 4 AA batteries and they lasted me well over 6-8 months before I needed to change them.

I image you should get at least 4-6 because I'm assuming the tech has improved, thus only 2 batteries.

Brk
11-15-03, 12:46 AM
Wireless is sooooooooooooooooo overrated!!!

Loonatic
11-15-03, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by aagiants

Me too. I tried it, but for quick movements, and to be precise in CS, etc, it just didnt cut it. I gave it to my parents after a couple weeks.

Loonatic
11-15-03, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Burke

Figured you would. The IE 3.0 is the best mouse I ever used, and while the MX700 was good also, it was just plain heavy for consistant use.