PDA

View Full Version : advice for p4 system



Nspyr
01-25-03, 05:34 AM
i want to make a p4 computer thats not too expensive...heres a general what i need:



p4 2.4b
geforce ti 4200
WD 80gb se
lite-on cdrw
dvd-rom

my dilemma: ddr or rdram

1) i want to go with Samsung Original RIMM 4200 32-Bit 256MB RAMBUS RAM

wat MB would you recommend for this?

2) if i should go with corsair 256mb pc-3200 ddr ram

wat MB for this?

3) what brand geforce would be best?

4) any ideas for a decent case nothing fancy just stock case and psu combo?

many thanks to all of you at SG..i love this place

Nspyr
01-25-03, 07:41 PM
bump

Brent
01-25-03, 07:52 PM
If i were going to buy right now i'd go for a Granite Bay mobo and stick two modules of DDR in for Dual Channel DDR...

while rambus IS still fast right now, it doesn't have much of a future on the desktop platform, DC DDR will be the dominating desktop platform

Nspyr
01-25-03, 08:18 PM
i was thinking that...i am not very up to date about the dc ddr therefore i do not know which MB to go with... any suggestions brent? or anyone

Brent
01-25-03, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Nspyr
i was thinking that...i am not very up to date about the dc ddr therefore i do not know which MB to go with... any suggestions brent? or anyone

this one seems to be popular right now, though a bit expensive it is loaded with lots of goodies: http://tw.giga-byte.com/products/8inxp.htm

I've had good experiences with their 8IHXP mobo, i850e board... very stable and very fast

they make good mobo's

Loonatic
01-25-03, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Nspyr
i want to make a p4 computer thats not too expensive...





Contradiction :D

Immortal
01-25-03, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Loonatic
Contradiction :D

I don't know... I think he might be an amd guy....

§I€MFKR™
01-26-03, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Brent
this one seems to be popular right now, though a bit expensive it is loaded with lots of goodies: http://tw.giga-byte.com/products/8inxp.htm

I've had good experiences with their 8IHXP mobo, i850e board... very stable and very fast

they make good mobo's

It is pricey but its a bad mother:)

zooner
01-26-03, 02:40 AM
Gigabyte GA-8PE667 ULTRA2, Intel 845 chipset,Socket 478 for P4 ATX motherboard Retail, Serial ATA ,RAID,USB 2.0

look at that one too...

I've had problems with abit and msi, never had a problem with my gigabyte board though.

zooner
01-26-03, 02:41 AM
I dont know which gf4 card is best...

however, I currently am running a leadtek ti4200 and i'm very happy with it. if you can spare the cash, get the vivo version. It does some amazing video.