PDA

View Full Version : What is the best PCI Video Card?

ScrewU2
01-24-03, 02:52 PM
What is the best PCI Video Card? I want to get a better one and my AGP slot is already taken so I had to take my GF4 Ti back to the store.

YeOldeStonecat
01-24-03, 03:03 PM
Hmmm...ATI Radeon 7000 or 7500? Or some GeForce 2.

ScrewU2
01-24-03, 06:30 PM
What about a Geforce 4 MX? I already have a Geforce 2 MX 200. In my old computer.

zooner
01-24-03, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by ScrewU2
What about a Geforce 4 MX? I already have a Geforce 2 MX 200. In my old computer.

what are you using the second video card for?

unless it's for gaming, second monitor card doesnt need much. I used a 4meg pci card for a while it was great.

gf4 mx is a ripoff... go eithre with the radeon or just buy a gf2 if you're going to use it for a 2nd monitor.

ScrewU2
01-24-03, 07:01 PM
Both of my computers already have on board video cards but I bought a Geforce 2 about a year ago before I got this new computer. If I take it out of my old PC and put it in my new one it would work right. Why would I want a second monitor?

click_here
01-24-03, 07:04 PM
What is the best PCI Video Card? I want to get a better one and my AGP slot is already taken so I had to take my GF4 Ti back to the store.

I saw a pretty cool card at CompUSA the other day,
it was a 3D Prophet 4000XT 32mb PCI for $19.95
(no rebate needed)
and I have it in my server box here and it runs UT3 and QIII perfect.it's a good all around card for the money.

Massa
01-24-03, 09:24 PM
Im afraid you make no sense! Seeing as you don't need a second monitor, then WHY!!! do you need a second video card. AGP cards are VIDEO only, so you do not need to get a pci card, just replace your current AGP card. It makes no sense to buy another card if you have no need for another monitor.

ScrewU2
01-25-03, 12:04 PM
Here is what I have 3D Intel Extreme Graphics AGP
I contacted Emachines and they said if you get a video card it would have to be PCI because there are no exra AGP slots. Since Intel Graphics is AGP I assume there is a AGP slot somewhere but it is not were it is supposed to be I cannot find it maybe there is no AGP slot but my motherboards users guide says I have 1 AGP slot on my motherboard.

Norm
01-25-03, 12:11 PM
Here is what I have 3D Intel Extreme Graphics AGP
I contacted Emachines and they said if you get a video card it would have to be PCI because there are no exra AGP slots. Since Intel Graphics is AGP I assume there is a AGP slot somewhere but it is not were it is supposed to be I cannot find it maybe there is no AGP slot but my motherboards users guide says I have 1 AGP slot on my motherboard. If you have an AGP slot why not just follow the output connector for it on the back of your PC to find the slot.

I'll bet it has no slot, but is built in to the mobo.

YeOldeStonecat
01-25-03, 12:12 PM
The "Extreme" is an integrated graphics solution. It's AGP based, like most integrated graphics are over the past few years...but you don't have an actual AGP slot. The bus that the vid chipset works on is the AGP bus....so it's AGP graphics, just since it's built onto the motherboard, you don't have an actual AGP slot in your case. Many mobo's do have a free AGP slot for upgrading even though they already have integrated graphics (take nVidia's nForce chipset for example).

But on your machine, you're stuck with only having PCI slots available, hence your hunt for a decent PCI card.

Massa
01-25-03, 04:00 PM
According to your thread "How do i overclock my CPU" you said this was your motherboard:

http://www.pconline.com.cn/market/sz/shoppingguide/tuijie/10208/pic/zhuban1.jpg

If so that little brown slot is your AGP slot, so you have nothing to worry about, you can simply put a gf4 ti in there and through bios disable the inegrated graphics card.

If that isnt your motherboard (which you said it was) then simply go onto our friend GOOGLE and look for your motherboards name and find a pic, if it has the same "brown slot" then you can do the same tthing i outlined above.

Good Luck,

Massa

Mehmet
01-25-03, 04:12 PM
get the ti back!!

just remove the old card from there..

put this new one. install drivers,a nd your done.

every system that has an AGP slot has ONE. NEVER two. (ill probably be proven wrong by somebody.)

YARDofSTUF
01-25-03, 04:36 PM
he has no agp slot most likely.

get anythign cuz all pci cards suck for games i would recomend an ati card .

Mehmet
01-25-03, 04:40 PM

YARDofSTUF
01-25-03, 04:49 PM
veg, he's got no agp slot...

http://www.e4me.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T1742

Mehmet
01-25-03, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
veg, he's got no agp slot...

http://www.e4me.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_T1742

oo ic.

slap hands! *SLAP!*

ScrewU2
01-26-03, 12:59 PM
Well I looked under the hood I have no AGP slot. Emachines tech support said that my AGP slot was taken with my Intel Extreme Graphics but they must have been lieing because there was no AGP slot to begin with it just says it uses AGP.

Massa
01-27-03, 04:22 PM
Sux man ... thats too bad , get a new mobo if you have 100 dollars!! :D

Good excuse for an upgRAde!

Blisster
01-27-03, 04:51 PM
yeah, except that it prolly wont fit into his emachines proprietary case, the proprietary PS connector wont quite fit and the propretary power and reset buttons wont connect properly. He'll also need a new soundcard becuuase he currently uses onboard sound too.