PDA

View Full Version : Have 4 speakers but can only get 2 to work!

White00t
01-24-03, 06:26 AM
I have the Cambridge FPS2000 Digital speakers and the SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer (non 5.1 I think). And only the 2 front satellite speakers work plus the sub. Other 2 sat's dont How can I fix this. I hav tried the drivers from the cd and the sb site.

PIII 650
Asus P3V4X
Win98SE
I dont know if u need anything else but just say so if be.

thx

downhill
01-24-03, 08:45 AM
Have they worked before?

Something to look at.

Are you setup right in your speaker setup panel? Sounds like your only setup for 2 speakers. You need to set it for your system...which looks to be 4....(don't count the sub)

White00t
01-24-03, 09:37 AM
nope they've never worked...just now I felt like gittin the whole effect. hoped i wasnt ripped...I figured the whole time that since the 2.1 worked the other 2 would work with some tweaking.

What do u mean speaker setup panel? In control panel/multimedia? I have tried desktop stereo speakers, quadraphonic speakers, and surround sound.

thx

A_old
01-24-03, 10:35 AM
yea there and another one in the creative software. "AudioHQ" icon in the control panel..then speaker icon.

White00t
01-24-03, 11:16 AM
somehow i avoided installing audiohq...prolly thought it was some worthless crap......but i need that huh? Atleast thats what ive been gathering elsewhere.

I seems it wont fit on 2.88GB of storage left...guess i gota start burning....

off topic.....how do i get my cd rom to auto-run or wutever its called where I can put a cd in then almost immediately pops up a the menu or cd dialog stuff? I swore i knew where it was but cant find it now.

thx

loop2kil
01-24-03, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Amro
yea there and another one in the creative software. "AudioHQ" icon in the control panel..then speaker icon.

yep, i always have to do this to get mine to work properly. If you've downloaded and installed the drivers from the website, go into the control panel and it should be in there.