PDA

View Full Version : What is the best set-up for a Burner

Duzmor
01-23-03, 05:22 PM
I am getting a New Lite-on Burner - Schould I just install the Lite-on - Or go with a Cdrom and the burner ???? I will be Useing Nero as Software !!!

TIA

Duzmor:D :D

Duz !!

mwkirchner
01-23-03, 06:48 PM
I personally have a DVD and the Burner ... that way I can use the DVD to run the CDs that I wanna burn and I am also able to watch a movie if I want.

I have a Lite-On DVD and Burner ...

Duzmor
01-23-03, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by mwkirchner
I personally have a DVD and the Burner ... that way I can use the DVD to run the CDs that I wanna burn and I am also able to watch a movie if I want.

I have a Lite-On DVD and Burner ...

What I have Now - is the CD rom as Master and the Burner as 2nd Ide - But alot of guys just run the Buner as a CD rom or Burner - With Nero it will load on the Harddrive and Burn -

Duz !!

click_here
01-23-03, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Duzmor
What I have Now - is the CD rom as Master and the Burner as 2nd Ide - But alot of guys just run the Buner as a CD rom or Burner - With Nero it will load on the Harddrive and Burn -

Duz !!

I have Nero and a TDK burner,I have read that the burner should be a master,here is my setup>
IDE3 HDD (master)
IDE2 TDK burner(master)
IDE1 ASUS cdrom(master)
IDE1 ZIP100 (slave)

if you only have 2 IDE channels,then I would do this>
IDE1 HDD
IDE2 burner(master) cdrom/DVD (slave)

downhill
01-23-03, 08:06 PM
It will have burn proof but I'd still set the burner as master...then there's the other camp that likes the CDrom as master....

It should work either way. Before burn proof, getting it right was important.

Loonatic
01-23-03, 08:27 PM
Liteon DVD and a Liteon CDRw

Loonatic:D:D

Loon !!

Duzmor
01-23-03, 08:44 PM
Thank's for the Help !!!

I will set the Lite on Burner On Ide 2 as Master and the Cdrom drive as the Slave

Duz !!

HawaiianGhost
01-23-03, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Duzmor
Thank's for the Help !!!

I will set the Lite on Burner On Ide 2 as Master and the Cdrom drive as the Slave

Duz !!

Just a thought, I noticed that I have "less" to "No" errors, i.e. buffer underruns, when the CD-ROM and the Burner are on seperate channels. This is due to the fact that some IDE devices cannot handle interleaving. I tried this out with my Lite-On 52x and my new Yamaha CRW-F1. Could not burn a single copy of anything without some kind of error. One error or "caution" window did pop up and told me that "Some IDE devices cannot be on the same IDE channel due to the fact that they may not be copable to handle data interleaving". So I changed the setup to reflect like so with my RAID configued in "0":

IDE 1:
60GB HDD=Pri Master
Lite-On 52x=Pri Slave

IDE 2:
Yamaha CRW-F1=Secondary Master w/no slave

Now I don't even copy to the HDD, I can "copy-on-the-fly" in 2.5mins and no errors so far.

Just thought I'd share that little info....

Duzmor
01-23-03, 09:15 PM
By Haveing the Lite-on Burner on the same IDE channel as the Harddrive won't it slow the Harddrive down ????

Duz !!