PDA

View Full Version : Partitioning

Zmoney
01-22-03, 01:31 AM
Any down side like performance wise? I usually have one of my 60s in a 10 and a 50gig, for windows and games, but since I lost that HD I am debating on weather or not I should do this again with my new HD.Is there any performance downsize?

Mehmet
01-22-03, 01:40 AM
not that i know of..

ive got my 120giger split up into 6 partitions and nothing has happened yet..

IMFKR
01-22-03, 01:44 AM
It's good to have your OS on a seperate and smaller Partition. I have it at 10g, and the other 9 partitions are various sizes.:)

YeOldeStonecat
01-22-03, 07:51 AM
I like splitting the primary HD in to two partitions. What works for me, about 15 - 20 gigs for C, for your OS and programs. And a D partition for all my important stuff, downloads, backup, drivers, etc.

If the OS gets screwed up, I can simply format C, re-install, and all my important goodies are still on D. I'll already have the latest drivers on the D partition, so installing and tweaking the new OS is a snap.

The Dude
01-22-03, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by YeOldeStonecat
I like splitting the primary HD in to two partitions. What works for me, about 15 - 20 gigs for C, for your OS and programs. And a D partition for all my important stuff, downloads, backup, drivers, etc.

If the OS gets screwed up, I can simply format C, re-install, and all my important goodies are still on D. I'll already have the latest drivers on the D partition, so installing and tweaking the new OS is a snap.

:nod: 30-10 for me. He took the words right out of my mouth.;)