SG Speed Test Results
« 2108 kbps ↓
« 899 kbps ↑
2108 kbps down (~2.11 Mbps, 257 KB/s) ↓
899 kbps up (~0.9 Mbps, 110 KB/s) ↑
3072 KB downloaded in 11.938 seconds
500 KB uploaded in 4.557 seconds Speed @ 32% of the average for carolina.res.rr.com
40 times faster than 56k dialup Tested on:
2012.03.14 16:37 EDT Tested from: speedguide.net 2
Test ID: 3606623
CCBot/2.0 IP Address:
Gastonia, NC, US
« Test again
« Test servers
« Custom test size
Share Your Results
- For more reliable results, you should turn off any applications that are currently using part of your bandwidth, such as internet radio, VoIP, P2P, etc.
- Priority access, more reliable tests, and longer test history is available to registered users.
- If you have a problem with the tests, you may want to temporarily disable firewall software, and any third party security applications that may be blocking large file download and/or preventing redirects (such as Norton Internet Security and Zone Alarm).
- SG speed tests measure both your downstream and upstream line speed.
- The SG speed test transfers nearly uncompressable data, and displays your transfer rate. In perfect situations, this should be close (~90%) to your advertised/rated line speed.
- Web-based speet tests are just an estimate of the slowest link between you and the test server.
Tests are dependent on many factors, such as time of day, congestion on the path at the time, your ISP's
backbone/connectivity, your allocated bandwidth, the particular node you're on, the state of the Internet at the time,
latency, moon phase ;), etc.
- If test results seem unrealistic/slow, you can try testing from a different mirror closer to you.