SG Speed Test Results
« 19284 kbps ↓
« 3909 kbps ↑
19284 kbps down (~19.28 Mbps, 2354 KB/s) ↓
3909 kbps up (~3.91 Mbps, 477 KB/s) ↑
10240 KB downloaded in 4.35 seconds
5120 KB uploaded in 10.729 seconds Speed @ 276% of the average for va.comcast.net
364 times faster than 56k dialup Tested on:
2012.01.18 04:02 EST Tested from: speedguide.net 2
Test ID: 3550051
CCBot/2.0 IP Address:
Mechanicsville, VA, US
« Test again
« Test servers
« Custom test size
Share Your Results
- For more reliable results, you should turn off any applications that are currently using part of your bandwidth, such as internet radio, VoIP, P2P, etc.
- Priority access, more reliable tests, and longer test history is available to registered users.
- If you have a problem with the tests, you may want to temporarily disable firewall software, and any third party security applications that may be blocking large file download and/or preventing redirects (such as Norton Internet Security and Zone Alarm).
- SG speed tests measure both your downstream and upstream line speed.
- The SG speed test transfers nearly uncompressable data, and displays your transfer rate. In perfect situations, this should be close (~90%) to your advertised/rated line speed.
- Web-based speet tests are just an estimate of the slowest link between you and the test server.
Tests are dependent on many factors, such as time of day, congestion on the path at the time, your ISP's
backbone/connectivity, your allocated bandwidth, the particular node you're on, the state of the Internet at the time,
latency, moon phase ;), etc.
- If test results seem unrealistic/slow, you can try testing from a different mirror closer to you.