Thread: My email disappeared!!!

My email disappeared!!!

I have outlook 2007 at work and my emails disappeared except the emails that I categorized. I have permission to view my boss's email. I checked his sent folder and the few emails he sent to me today are gone too?

Suggestions?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What type of e-mail system? If you have permissions to view your bosses e-mail, I figure you're on Microsoft Exchange server...so your e-mails are likely not lost. Just some view setting got borked.
    Still on Office 2007? Yuck..was a buggy version of Office....Outlook 07 gave lots of issues.

If you do have Exchange Server....try checking your e-mail via web mail....Outlook Web Access. usually a website like https://mail.nameofmycompany.org/owa

I don't know if they had setup local PSTs to store your e-mail in (hopefully not)...or if they have archiving rules. Without knowing the setup...it's just guessing games for me....but try to find what type of e-mail service you use, if you have any web mail interface....use that to view your mailbox and cut Outlook out of the equation, and try resetting Outlooks views via tips on this page... http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner...ew-in-outlook/ Such as the /clieanviews switch.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I have to agree with "YeOldeStonecat".
    What type of e-mail system? If you have permissions to view your bosses e-mail, I figure you're on Microsoft Exchange server...so your e-mails are likely not lost. Just some view setting got borked.
    Still on Office 2007? Yuck..was a buggy version of Office....Outlook 07 gave lots of issues. "
    Unless there was someone who has the access to your e-mail?