How do I know if spyware has infected my computer ?
Your computer might be infected with spyware, or you might have other unwanted software installed if:
• You see pop-up windows every time you use the Internet, or even when you're not on the Web.
• Your home page or/and your browser search settings have changed without your knowledge.
• There is a new toolbar in your browser that you didn't install/want and find it difficult to remove.
• Your computer becomes unresponsive, takes much longer than usual to complete certain tasks.
• Much slower than usual Internet connection.
Because the typical goal of spyware is to steal information, some types of spyware may run quietly and not display any outward signs of infection. The best way to check for infection is to scan your computer using an updated anti-spyware program, such as Lavasoft AdAware, and MS AntiSpyware (Beta).