6. How do I use the TCP Optimizer ?
The short version:
1. Select your advertised maximum internet speed from the "connection speed" slider bar. (the maximum available bandwidth, in kilobits per second, not your LAN speed).
2. Choose your Network Adapter, or check to "Modify All Network Adapters" (especially if using another type of connection).
3. Choose the "Optimal settings" radio-button near the bottom of the program.
4. Click "Apply changes", and reboot when prompted by the program.
The right way: Learn what all the settings mean by reading the documentation and our tweaking articles, ask questions in our forums and tweak the settings accordingly using The Optimizer in custom mode :)
You may also want to read the TCP Optimizer online documentation.
Version 3 of the Optimizer adds Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 2008 Server support.
Version 4 adds Windows 8, 10, 2012 Server R2 support.
Help with custom TCP Optimizer settings can be found in the documentation, and you can ask specific questions on our forums.